How do I Prevent my website from being hacked?
- CMS Websites are usually hacked due to out-dated scripts. You need to ensure you are running the latest version of your Content Management System (CMS).
- Do regular searches for vulnerabilities on the CMS you use. Some CMS systems also provide mailing lists that will keep you updated on vulnerabilities via email.
- Ensure that your computer (and any other computer accessing cPanel or FTP for your site) is free from viruses and malicious content. Make sure your anti-virus program is always up to date.
- Ensure that your site’s files have the correct permissions. Files: 644; Folders: 755
- Be sure to use strong passwords for cPanel, email accounts and FTP accounts. Change your passwords regularly.